Platinum 3776 Century is one of my favorite pens. Right now I have 5 of them, and I’m afraid it’s not the end 😉
Since I started urushi I wanted to lacquer one of them. Byt the problem was it has non-removable clip. Or does it?
After month or searching for elegant solution, the time has come for drastic moves – I broke off the top par of the cap, and got access to screw holding the clip and slip’n’seal mechanism of inner cap.
Pens on video:
- Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne with Soft Fine nib (the lacquered one)
- Platinum 3776 Century Black CT with Music nib
- Platinum 3776 Century Laurel Green with Medium nib
- Platinum 3776 Century Chartres Blue with Coars nib I grinded to naginata togi shape
- Platinum 3776 Century Chenonceau White with Broad nib
Technique – transparent gold tamenuri (or gold-skelton)